Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sapporo Christian Group

It's Sunday today. I woke up earlier than usual and prepared myself for church. Before I left, I cooked omurice for Hiro. The weather was nice this morning. It rained all through the night 'til this morning. The ground was still wet and there was a cool breeze, making me feel more excited to hear God's Word for me today.

When I arrived at church, I was greeted by the members and pastors. They all smiled and welcomed me so warmly. I felt comfortable. There were little children running around wearing "yukata", these are clothes worn by the Japanese people in summer, they looked so cute. I was just in time for the start of the service. There were no chairs in the center of the room. Everyone stood in the spot they preferred. As for me, I chose to stay near the walls. I didn't want to make my spotlight bigger than it was. Before the worship team started to play their instruments, the members of the church, including the children, got some tambourines that were just lying on the floor. Those tambourines brought me back some good memories.



At Jesus Our Hope International Assemblies, I was a tambourine dancer. I already forgot how long I played but it was a very good experience and I felt so blessed worshiping the Lord in the front lines. Why did I quit anyway? What was my reason? Hmmmm... Well, whatever it was, I'm sure it was not a good enough reason to leave the team.

Back to the worship time today...it was just wonderful. I didn't understand the words in the songs because they were in Japanese, but they were familiar. I always loved that 30-minute to an hour of praise and worship. It was the same today too.

The sermon was delivered by Pastor Yumiko Okada in English and her husband Pastor Yoshihiro Okada translated it in Japanese. The topic for today was "Resist the Devil". This may sound so easy, but I believe that it IS easy to resist the devil. Today's message was summed up in 3 points.

(1) Jesus recognized and dealt with the devil QUICKLY.

(2) Jesus spoke with the written Word of God.

(3) Jesus spoke/commanded DIRECTLY to the devil.

At this point, I was reminded of a video clip I saw once where in one Christian lady bravely rebuked a robber in a store where she was working. Believe it or not, though the criminal was armed and the lady was old, that man just got stunned and ran out.



Sapporo Christian Group is the name of my church. Here are the details.

Website: http://www.christiangroup.com/

Address: Toyohira Kumin Center

How to get there:

Subway (coming from Sapporo Station)
Take the Toho line from Sapporo station and get off at Misono station.The meeting place in an 8 minute walk from Misono station straight down the road.
or:
Take the Nanboku line from Sapporo station and get off at Minami Hiragishi station. It is a 13 minute walk from Minami Hiragishi station. 

Bus
from Hiragishi station, take the bus going to Shiroishi(白石) subway station.
or:
From Shiroishi subway station, take a bus going towards Hiragishi station.Then get off at "Toyohira Kuyakusho Mae".


Office E-mail: sapporocg@hotmail.com (Japanese, English & Spanish)

Pastor Yoshihiro & Rumiko Okada 011-813-3558
(from abroad -81-11-813-3558)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment